Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Motivation

Happy Monday to you! I hope while reading that title you weren't imagining that I was about to say something inspirational to give you motivation or something... Because that whole motivation thing, yeah I don't currently have it.  I was all jazzed about getting things done when we first moved in but suddenly, I'm just plain tired.  I don't know if it's the heat, or all of the stress of change catching up with me, or perhaps the wild tiny person in the house or what has gotten into me.  None of them seem like excuse enough to not get things done though.  I really, really want to get some projects done around the house.  I want to spend nap time cleaning and unpacking and organizing, but it seems like the smallest tasks just wipe me out these past few days.  I'm sure I could go to bed earlier and solve much of the problem, but I can't seem to give up that evening wind down time.  I used to be able to power through the days with loads of energy regardless of the number of hours I spent sleeping the night before, but I think the reality is that I just can't do that anymore.  I hope in that typing out my short list of projects here, I'll feel obligated to do them.
On top of the list:
*Unpack/put away clothes. (yikes, people.  We have a million clothes and approximately 5 hangers and 0 drawers. I kid you not, so obviously some work has to be done there.)

*Find homes for all of the random odds and ends that got packed in various boxes. (Enter dread.  I hate dealing with small piles of random junk, but I also have a hard time parting with those little trinkets.)

*Meal plan.  We spent a trillion dollars at Costco today filling our cupboards, but I need to plan meals and fill in the holes with some other things from the store.  Also, we have two drawers packed with farmers market deliciousness, and I want to use it in something wonderful before it goes bad.

*Henry's high chair.  I bought a very old wooden high chair for H that I need to sand and paint.  It's one of the things I'm most excited for, but still can't get myself started.  What is wrong with me??

*A few other little things like order pictures and fill frames, find rugs, pillows and whatnot.

Let the fun begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!