Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Off We Go!

I feel overwhelmed starting a post when so much has happend since I last wrote! I always have full intentions to write more often, and I think I will when I get resettled... but for now I just don't know where to begin! It's been an interesting few weeks to say the least... school is done, I have left Cedar Falls, and have been roomless for weeks now! I went to the Derby in the beginning of the month, and that was such a wonderful experience. It was exactly as I would have imagined it, and it felt amazing to be emersed into that world. Such a great sport, and such impressiv animals, it's impossible not to just get wrapped up in it. I have since then essentially been couch surfing, and spent the last 5 days in Des Moines with Rachel, Kate, Sydney and Macy. It was great to finally get to spend some time just doing everyday things with them. We did the zoo, took walks, played outside, played inside, and the 3 of us got to get away for pedicures and dinner dates so I was happy about that. I got a bed at Kate's, which I also felt lucky for! I would say I'm comfortable sleeping almost anywhere, but going on 3 weeks bedless, I'm starting to dream of getting up north and setting up my bed. ahhhh lovely. Yesterday was a tedious one, as I faced my to do list and laundry and packing and just wanted to stare and not do any of it. Once I got started things got rolling, and shockingly, Eric and I almost got everything packed today. We have a few last minute things to pack up tomorrow, and then we are off in the morning! Lets hope the car moves with everything we have weighed it down with...
It is hard to believe that the time to leave has actually come. I have been on an emotional roller coaster all week, as my roomie (yes I will continue to call her that!) Kelsea would tell you. I have been waiting for this for a long time with so much excitement and anticipation, but when the last few days in Iowa come around... it feels like I cannot soak it up enough, and all of the goodbyes seem a bit draining, though not very real. I know it will hit me at some point and I will miss the familiar things, but I'm so excited for the adventure ahead. Hoping the travels go smoothly, especially because we will be traveling with the pup and camping each night. I hope he does alright in the car for so long, I'm happy to have him with us. I hope everyone is well, and when we get to Alaska this time next week, I will be sure to write again!

With love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!