Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Spring to you all!



I've been slacking, so I wanted to come back and say a quick hello! It's been an interesting and fun few weeks, filled with trips to NYC, more mono drag, and the normal school routine. I went for a long weekend to visit my friends Tiffany and John in NYC-- which was, of course, a blast. We spent a lot of time wandering around, eating delicious food, and we also stopped at a museum and had a personal concert from John at the met. Molly was able to come from school near Boston to visit and spend a couple of days with us, so I was one happy lady!! Sadly it had to come to an end, and I had to get back to the real world of classes and such. I feel wonderful however, because I found out that Molly and I will see each other in Iowa for a few days before I take off, and Tiffany and John officially booked their trip to visit us in Anchorage this fall! So very exciting to know that I officially have my first visitors--I better figure my way around by the time they come! I came home from NY with Pink Eye, probably due to the mono, but no big deal... I'm much better! I have two weeks now until I move out of my apartment, and have done nothing to prepare. I will try to start that tomorrow I think. 4 weeks until take off, we have decided to stay an extra 5 days (until the 17th) so we can see Eric's brother, Jonathan, graduate from business school. Today his family and I did the Walk for Dignity, which is Iowa City Hospice's main fundraising event, and my mom was organizing it. We got to bring all of our dogs along and take a 3 mile hike around town which was great fun, and for a good cause--overall a huge success. Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the spring weather that we've been having! Today is a bit cooler here, but overall I can tell spring is coming. Chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!