Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Day!

St. Patrick's Day to all, and Happy Happy Birthday to my sister Kate!

If I was following the lovely 10 day early pattern that my sisters followed with their babies this year, I'd be saying Happy Birthday to Henry too, but he is staying put for today it appears.

I think we have all learned that I'm finding patience to be hard to find during the end of my pregnancy. Only because I'm so ready to meet him, because I find labor so interesting and am so anxious to see how it happens with Henry and me, and because it's so unknown. No one has any idea at all when or how it will take place, other than Henry... It's his little secret, and while I trust in the process fully, I have to trust that he knows when it's time to come and that he'll do what he needs. Things will work out the way they are meant to. This is something I know to be true and see it at work every day, but suddenly when I'm the one out of control and waiting I understand how hard it is to be patient.

So we are almost to 39 weeks now, and we had a very good 38 week appointment this week. Everyone is looking/sounding/feeling good, and it's just a waiting game. I had my first cervical check, and there is progress on that end as well, so I'm very happy to have some of the work taking place before I'm in labor. I was 2 cm dilated, 70% effaced, soft. Henry just needs to pick the time, and our adventure together will begin.

So there is our update for the week, and now onto other things... My goal is to not SOLELY think of labor so that I can just accept the wait and welcome the surprise when it comes to me.


I thought it would be a good time for an update of my current favorite things, it's been a few weeks since I've had one, and I want to be able to look back and remember the odd things that excited me at this time.


1.) Pacific Foods Organic Turkey Pot Pie- Naughty? Surely. Delicious? YES. I have one a week for lunch at work, and I just giggle at the things they make me so excited. I love something with a crust. Today was pot pie day.


2.)Oranges/Orange Juice- Definitely still haven't given up on the wild citrus kick! I drink more orange juice than I should, but I just thirst for it. I eat oranges daily, and have lemon in my water. I love citrus.


3.)Chocolate Chips- This isn't necessarily a new thing for me, but something that phases in and out and I'm in an "in" phase. I like the mini chocolate chips in anything. Ice cream, yogurt, cereal, I even have poured them into a glass of cold milk and spooned them into my mouth that way. Simple and tasty.


4.)Cookbooks- I continue to take a huge interest in recipe surfing, in cookbooks, online, etc. Two that have appeared in my life are the Moosewood cookbook, and Enchanted Broccoli Forest cookbook. I could spend hours searching through finding things I want to make... the question is, when will I have energy and time to make them? I think while Henry and I are home for a few weeks, we will really work on new recipes. That's the goal.


5.) Vitamin Water-- This started when I got the nasty cold last weekend (it's now doing much better) and I was determined to get rid of it quickly. The water was so refreshing though that I've been wanting it non stop since. So much vitamin water.


6.) Sleep. I am one sleepy mama. I don't necessarily get that much sleep, but I'm tired all of the time, and sometimes nod off sitting up. So that's always fun.


This morning I woke up to fresh snow falling, which I thought may not happen again this year. It was starting to feel very spring like, but the snow fell anyway... I'm not sure it will last long. As beautiful as it is, I am very ready for spring so I won't mind when the sunshine sends the snow away for a while. On my way to work this morning I listened to the traffic report, stating that there was a moose running around the highway exit for quite a while slowing traffic down. Maybe they are thrown off by the return of winter too. Probably not.


I hope today was a lovely day for all of you, anyone who may be reading...
Here's a photo from today, hopefully we are approaching some of the last belly photos! It's a bit blurry since we did it on my phone, but you get the idea.


V

2 comments:

  1. I love reading these because I feel like I am there with you! Although in person it would be so much better.

    Enjoy the wait- as hard as it may be because you won't get this time back EVER!!

    I can't wait to hear more and I wish you all the best labor luck you can have.

    oh and all your favorite things sound wonderful.

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Victoria. You are a good writer! Hmm... did you learn any of that in my class? Hugs to you and Henry.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!