Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

For Mother's Day

This Mother's Day, I'm sharing a photo not only of my own Mama, but of two of my other very favorite mothers as well, my sisters.  How sad that this is the only photo I could find of all of us together? I know more recent ones exist so I suppose it's okay, but this is the only one I could hunt down. Look how tiny our babies were!  I have never lacked appreciation for mothers.  I have been extremely attached to mine from the very start of course.  We laugh about it now because I am every bit as hooked on her now as I was when I was a young girl.  Only now I don't hang at her ankles crying when she leaves the house, or beg her to let me sit silently near her and fall asleep on the couch when I should be in bed.  Though sometimes I want to cry like that when we are apart.  There is nothing more comforting than a Mama, and it baffles me every day that I am that person to another little being.  Henry looks at me with the same love I have for my own Mom, which is such an incredible feeling, and so unbelievable at the same time. Motherhood is a wild road that is impossible to fully figure out, and when I need extra wisdom, or want to share a funny story, or talk about baby poop and tantrums, I call my mom or one of my sisters.  I have learned everything about the kind of mother I want to be from those three, and I pull all kinds of ideas and strength from their experiences and examples.  The last two years have by far been the most emotional, exhausting, crazy, fun, special, and fulfilling years of my life.  But I have certainly learned time and time again that there is so much I don't know about being a mother.  There is always so much to learn and each day that Henry grows, that becomes more and more apparent.  The mistakes I make become more frequent, and the questions and doubts don't end. But what I do know, is that I was given the very best of moms to look up to and learn from.  And I'm a better mother because of it. I will continue to get better with their help.  They are now Grandma and Aunts to my babies and for that I am so grateful. They are appreciated every day, but I'm sending a little extra love their way today, on Mother's Day.
To all of you other mamas out there, Happy Mother's Day to you as well! I hope you are feeling loved and appreciated for everything you do.
And though this is a tiny blurry Instagram shot, it's the most recent one of my two babies, the ones that make me a very lucky Mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!