Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Where I've Been

I'd like to say I've been off doing something wonderfully fun, but unfortunately, baby H is under the weather. So the past couple of days have involved cuddling, bouncing, rocking, soothing, playing where we can...worrying. 
I was a freaking enormous tad bit of a worrier when it came to illness before, but since I've become a mother I worry so much more. In different ways.  I don't worry about whether or not I'll be sick like I used to, I just worry about him when he's anything but his chipper self. I hate the uncertainty when your baby is sick.  You just want more than anything to take away their pain, and not only can you not take it away, you don't even know where to find it so you randomly guess and hope something works for a bit. Last night was sleepless and heartbreaking, today was a bit better but still full of worry as I looked at Henry trying to play and smile and be himself but unable to find his usual energy and zest. Tonight is off to a better start but who knows what it will bring.  Thankfully my little love is tucked into his bed sleeping peacefully and that is everything I've asked for. Rest and relief for him and I hope that in the morning, I'll be greeted with my favorite, huge, gummy smile.
Hope you're all healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!