Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Be Calm...


Let me start by saying that somehow my computer configured itself so that I wrote the beginning of this blog in Hindi... Wouldn't it have been fun if I left it like that for you all to figure out? Well today I was torn between a calm center, and my old slightly hypochondriac ways. I woke up with a very sore neck and a bad headache, neither of which I get often, and so all day I battled all of the worst possibilities against reason. By the end of the day I was quite sure that I had a case of meningitis, which made me feel both nervous and absolutely ridiculous, and quite frustrated that I found myself looking it up on the internet and allowing it to consume my thoughts where better things could be. As I am still sitting here at work, conscious, and not in much pain on the whole spectrum of things... I have decided that in fact my vaccination against the infection probably did it's job after all- Thank you doctors, scientists, brilliant folks. I am currently sitting with a mug of green tea, very thankful for my health. Not that I actually had a scare of course, but when something feels off I feel very lucky for the things that feel right...
I have now officially bared my neurosis with you all, so at least be proud that I have for now decided to remain calm... Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you have meningitis... it sounds like a classic case. Get to the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!