Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Goodness For Your Salad- A Recipe

Of all recipes to share, a salad dressing one seems slightly ridiculous.  So trust that I wouldn't bother sharing it here if I didn't find it absolutely drool worthy. I originally was searching for a recipe to mimic the type of dressing you often get at a Thai restaurant, and while this dressing is nothing like it, it has all the similar sesame and garlic flavors that I so love.  I have made it three times since my original go at it, so give it a try!  You can find the original recipe here, I'll include the slight changes I made below.

Asian Vinaigrette:
* First off, I already ignored the directions and didn't bother using my food processor, just a whisk to keep it all mixed nicely.

In a bowl or jar, combine:
3T rice vinegar
1T sugar (generally I'd use agave nectar)
3T soy sauce (Bragg's liquid aminos are a great alternative!)
1T ginger (Ok I admit, I never bother with fresh ginger because the smell and taste disgust me, but I used powdered and it was definitely mild enough that I loved it)
1/2 teaspoon garlic (No thank you, I probably quadrupled that suggestion. Garlic makes life better!)

I started whisking at this point, and kept it up as the following oils were slowly added in...

2 (generous, yum!)T sesame oil
1/2c oil of your choice. (I enjoy grapeseed, olive, or a Mediterranean blend)

When it's all nicely mixed, add in 1 Tablespoon of sesame seeds, and chopped green onion.  The recipe called for 1 Tablespoon, but I chopped a few onions, so quite a bit more than 1T. Just do it to taste.  Next time I might add some hot cock (Sriracha) for added kick and goodness. Voila!

This dressing made the most delicious addition to an already awesome meal, on the night a friend and I made homemade sushi with brown rice and smoked salmon that Eric helped smoke in AK!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!