Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Day After Mom's Day

Good Morning!
Hope you had a nice Mother's Day yesterday.  It was pretty low key around here, Henry and I were on our own for most of the weekend, but I gave myself a few treats- breakfast with a friend, a manicure to try this shellac that everyone raves about, and after bedtime a solo trip to Target (people think I'm weird for finding that so fun!) and some frozen yogurt! When Eric came home in the afternoon, we all spent some time with friends, always a fun way to spend an evening.  Most importantly, the entire day I was with the little love of my life who decided to make me his Momma.  For that, I am so thankful.  It's still hard to believe I'm a mother most days, but thank goodness that it's true.

Mother's Day was a perfect excuse to ignore things that needed to be done around the house, but that makes today even busier.  There are dishes to be done, floors to be cleaned, lists to make, and I am tearing through the list!  You know those days that come along every so often where motivation to clean and get things done is just higher than ever? Today has been like that, and I wish I could keep it for a while longer.  I even decided to tackle the mess that is my car, and took it for the first wash in a year. Scared the bejeebies out of the dog with that one, but Henry thought it was amusing and I feel so much better!  As the years pass by I find myself more in need of tidy spaces in order to feel calm... aka I'm totally becoming my Mom. I try to go with the flow as best I can, and we all know that with kids come the least tidy spaces ever.  But it's time to get productive, especially since we are moving in exactly two months!  Not a single thing packed or done toward that, but at least I'm starting now! The past few days have been damp and gloomy but the sun is out for the rest of the week, so we'll be visiting the ducks at the pond today, and then I'm making dinner before the premier of The Bachelorette (!)  All in all, a successful day, making up for yesterday when I did nothing useful at all.
The only pictures we got all day... and my hand looks awkward of course. Oh well!
There will be a repeat of yogurt today. Delicious! And verdict on the shellac- it's awesome. I never get my nails done, but this was worth it!
 Have a happy Monday, everyone.

On tonight's menu: Asparagus risotto and pork loin. And peach crisp if I'm feeling really ambitious. We will see about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!