Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Our Week

 ...Through Instagram, of course.  I really, really need to get my act together and start carrying the camera around.  When we move and I want to print new pictures of the fun times we have been having, I'm going to be sad that I have nothing high enough quality to see clearly any place other than my tiny cell phone screen.  I used to constantly carry the camera, but I guess I just don't think of grabbing extra things on my way out the door anymore.  I need to get better, especially while we soak up our last couple of months as Alaskans. Hopefully the next post you see from me, will not be full of Instagram.  We've had a fun week up here (sounds funny, seeing as it's only Tuesday... but you know what I mean) just doing every day things but enjoying it completely.  The previous winters up here, though long and dark, didn't really get to me.  I love winter, but I seem to be just desperate to break out of the house and soak up every bit of nice weather possible.  I think it must be because it was harder to get out in the cold dark evenings with Henry this past winter.  He wasn't a huge fan of freezing his face off, but I am sure next winter he'll be ALL about it! It will be so different now that he can walk and such.  Anyway, point is that we've been spending as much time outside as possible, and Henry couldn't be much happier about it. We all needed the fresh air.




Photos:
1&2- Henry and I took Dada to the duck pond so he could see how excited Henry gets about being there with so many ducks, geese, gulls, etc.


3-Waiting downtown for our favorite breakfast spot that's usually at least a 45 minute wait.  Luckily there's an overlook across the street where we had lots of fun playing!


4&5- We walked with friends to Goose Lake, and I thought H looked so cute standing there in the sand watching the mountains, water, birds. He loved it.  Until I took him off the nearby play equipment and he broke into a full blown toddler tantrum.


6- Watching over Ship Creek... again with the seagulls.  I think we've discovered the boy likes birds a teeny tiny bit...so great to learn of the things he's into.


7- Henry had zero interest in a family photo, so it ended up just Eric and me.  I realized we haven't had a photo just together for months.


8- BIG NEWS! Henry (with curry all over his face here) has gone on his little potty 5 times!!!! We aren't potty "training" at all.  We just let him sit on there occasionally and he always goes before his bath.  He loves it!


9- Baby-tot breakfast: Avocado on toast, sliced ripe peach.  He carefully removed the peach from his plate in slight disgust and carried on with his toast (the acceptable part of his breakfast apparently. Avocado trumps all... can't blame him for that!)


10- Finn cuddled up on the porch while we read/drank wine. Good way to spend an evening.

11- Frozen yogurt!  I have had the hugest craving for this for the last week.  I've had it more times than I'd like to admit, but yum.  Henry loves going too of course.  I fill mine up with tons of fruit (and a few oreos, too!) and he eats the fruit chunks.

1 comment:

  1. oh you do have a beautiful family! Love the instagram but I get how you're feeling about it! I'm a new follower to your blog because your baby boy is so adorable!

    http://hopefullittleone.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!