Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Snippets of Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!
We have never done much celebrating at our house, but I have to admit the little holiday feels more fun with a little one around.  I was more inspired to make valentines, fun treats, and a couple little touches here and there to make the day special.  We kept it entirely simple, and there were more things I sort of wish I would have done, but there's always next year!

Henry and I made cake balls for Eric.  This was my first attempt at them, and sure they aren't perfect, but they were delicious and fun and I think that's what counts!  Henry gets full credit for the lovely sprinkles.

I was not expecting flowers by any means.  My husband knows me well.  Roses and cards are beautiful, but sunflowers and a simple thoughtful note is just my thing.

This goofy attempt at a heart on my nail makes me giggle.  But I had no red or pink that fit and I thought I'd give being festive a try in a different way.  

Our little valentine waiting for an after dinner treat.  We had heart shaped ravioli for dinner (thanks, Costco!) but I just couldn't stand the terrible picture I took and saw no point in posting an ugly picture of food. No one wants to see that.  Again, it was yummy and easy and I'm all for it!

I made smoothies for dessert, and Henry just refers to them as "pink".
I hope you all had sweet days doing what makes you happy!  If you celebrated, what did you do? I'd love to hear!
I would love to tell you all that I'm off now to enjoy a healthy snack while I watch Glee, but Valentine's Day sounds like a great day to eat strawberries with nutella, am I right??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!