Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

A few tidbits to wrap up the week

Oh thank goodness it's Friday! Is it just me, or does it feel like this week was exceptionally long?  Perhaps it was due to the way the week started, a long day at the birth center.  A wonderful birth, but an awful plumbing problem (thank you frozen pipes!) that made for a disaster.  I think it's taken me all week to re-group after that one!  I have just a couple of things I want to share.
First of all, we had beef and broccoli with quinoa again tonight per the hubby's request. Remember this recipe?
I mentioned last time that it was a little too salty because we didn't have any low sodium soy sauce at the time (oops), so tonight I wanted to try again.  But instead of using soy sauce at all, I used Bragg's liquid aminos. For anyone new to Braggs, it's a liquid protein with 16 amino acids and tastes much like soy sauce. Delicious!  You can find it in the natural section of the grocery store if you choose to try that route.  It was a good choice, we really liked the flavor tonight.  I was a little nervous when I saw that it made an odd consistency in the pan at first, but it all turned out wonderful.
Also, I have a little bit of a new obsession thanks to Morgan of Mrs. Priss: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters!  It's weird, I have never been a lipstick person and suddenly I cannot stay away from these.  I have made three separate trips to different stores just hunting down certain colors.  Definitely out of character, but I don't even care because I really think they're fun!  So far I have Pink Truffle, Creme Brulee, Sugar Plum, and Candy Apple.  When I do wear something on my lips, it's usually something close to my natural lip color, so it makes me a little nervous wearing some of these.  But they are so creamy, full of moisture, somewhat sheer and wearable that I'm trying to be daring in using them. They are much nicer than any other lipstick I've tried and there are so many fun colors.  The Candy Apple terrifies me just a little since it's bright red.  I'm a little scared to wear it out of the house because I feel like it makes me look like I'm playing dress up but it's going to happen! Anyway, for any of you lipstick wearers out there, absolutely try these. They are fantastic. The end.
But while we're on the topic of makeup, do any of you have an eyeliner that you're in love with that doesn't end up an inch below your eye by the end of the day?  I have never had that issue before, so I'm unsure of what to try.  I think my face is rejecting the Alaskan air, and nothing works the same on it as it used to.
I've got more to write, but I think I had best head to bed before my thoughts become any more jumbled than they already are.  I am just so thankful it's the weekend, I hope you all have a wonderful one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!