Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

11 Things and More!

Every once in a while, I feel like participating in one of these chain posts that circulates all around blogland. I decided this one seemed fun, as I am a huge fan of a good set of questions. This one came from Sometimes Sweet! If you want to do it too, see my questions at the end and link back to me so I can go read your answers too!
There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.



11 Random Things:

1. I love dinner. A lot. It's my favorite meal of the day and strangely has the power to change my mood very quickly! I get annoyed at the thought of a skimpy dinner, and a good one makes me really happy. 

2. I hate scary movies.  I'm like a three year old when it comes to them, I can't even watch trailers for them without being afraid for the rest of the night.  I don't read scary books, and even Twilight made me watch around corners for a week straight. It's a little pathetic, no? Pre-teens probably laughed at me in the theater. 

3. I love public radio.  I still like to listen to Iowa Public Radio with an app on my phone because it's fun to listen to my stepdad on the other end. 

4. I try to cook interesting things and new flavors, but I'm equally happy with bland food.  One of my favorite meals is plain buttered noodles. Boring, but delicious!

5. I'm a terrible decorator.  I have so many ideas in my mind of how I want a space to look, but it always comes out so much flatter and more boring.  When we own a house of our own, I'm calling someone else in to help me make my vision a reality. 

6. I love watching the same shows and movies over and over.  I like new things too, of course, but I never tire of Friends or Sex and the City reruns, and a huge number of movies. 

7. I wear a LOT of neutral, earthy colors. I have recently had the desire to add more bright colors to my wardrobe, but I'll always love wearing brown and cream the most. 

8. I love writing and receiving letters. 

9. I'm obsessed with clean hands.  That being said I'm not afraid to get dirty or to let Henry get dirty.  I just like hands to be clean before eating and such.  It's one of my big pet peeves when people make food for someone without washing their hands first. I just think it's rude, and the fastest way to get sick. Yuck!

10. Grocery shopping is one of my favorite things to do.  In the summer though, outdoor markets make me ridiculously happy.

11. I feel more awake when I wear makeup.  Weird, but that's pretty much the reason I wear it. 


Questions from Danielle at Sometimes Sweet:
1. If money, schooling or time was no obstacle, what career would you choose?
I would still want to be a lactation consultant, and then a midwife later on.  Maybe a chef, but that would have to include if skill was no obstacle.  


2. What's the one thing you look forward to every day?
Every day I look forward to being with Henry.  Playing, hugging, watching him giggle and learn new things, it is the best part of every single day.  And also a shower. 


3. What is your number one, all-time, favorite blog?
Eek, that's a tough one! I would have to say Longest Acres.  Her life is just so interesting and beautiful to me.  I would love to live simply on a farm like she does, and I adore her style of writing and her photos as well. I always feel like I'm in the middle of a wonderful book when I read her blog. 


4. Biggest online pet peeve?
When people don't respond to questions.  It's hard to always respond, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. 


5. What is your all-time favorite book?
I don't know! But one is This I Believe, which is a book of short essays. 


6. What would your "last meal" be?
Salmon patties and oven fries (regular and sweet potato!) YUM. This has turned into my birthday meal each year. 


7. Do you believe in love at first site?
No, I don't think so.  I think love has to be developed, and for some people it happens very quickly but regardless it takes some time.  I feel bad saying no though, because maybe I just don't believe in it because it hasn't been my experience.  I wouldn't judge or question someone who experienced love at first sight.  I just think of it differently I guess.  I think some people are able to spot the person that will become the one they love quickly, does that count?


8. What would your ideal Sunday morning consist of?
Coffee, sunshine, guitar music and No tv on... Then getting outside to do errands or go for a walk.  I love errands and getting out of the house after relaxing for a while!  In the warmer months, going out to grab coffee and going to the farmer's market would be my perfect weekend morning. 


9. Why do you blog?
Mostly because I love to write and want to keep track of thoughts and photos so I can always have them in the future.  I also like to keep my family in the loop.  Originally that's why I started blogging but it turned into something more when I got pregnant.  That's when I had the desire to put into writing all of the details to remember.  Now that I've "met" so many wonderful bloggers though, it's also fun to connect and share stories/thoughts with like-minded people.  I love the community of bloggers, it's like having friends that you can visit any time you want.


10. If you had to choose one color to wear forever, what would you pick?
Brown. Or maybe black if I had to be in the color for the rest of ever. 

My questions for anyone else who wants to participate:
1. If you had to get rid of all but 5 of your belongings, which 5 would you keep?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
3. What are you most afraid of?
4. What is one thing you are most looking forward to in the future?
5. What "look" do you feel the best in?
6. If you could learn one thing, what would you learn to do?
7. What is your very favorite meal?
8. What song do you play more than any other?
9. What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
10. What is your favorite date night?
11. What are you most looking forward to in 2012?


I'm tagging SonjaBekah, & Cait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!