Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

A birthday party no matter how small, makes for very tired people.

Whew! It has been a really crazy weekend, friends.   Henry's first birthday party has come and gone and I have to say, it went a lot better than I thought it was going to!  I told you all before that planning is not my thing exactly.  I had some ideas that I wanted to try, but of course waited until just days before the party and wasn't happy with the supplies I was able to find.  I was frustrated immediately.  With a clearer mind and a calmer attitude, I went out with Henry the next day and had much better luck shopping for everything we would need.  Slowly but surely I made a few decorations, organized my thoughts and plans, and Friday (the day before the party) Eric's family came over to help me get things in their place.   And it came together in a way I was really happy with!  It was simple and cute, exactly how a first birthday should be in my mind.  We had a house full of family and friends (I missed my family so much, wish you all could have been here!) and it was just relaxed.  Eating, playing, chatting, watching a little boy soak it all up.  Henry was so beyond happy the entire day.  I would have thought that all of that commotion could be overwhelming but not for this social boy.  He just hammed it up all day long, and crashed hard afterwards.  It made for his longest nap to date!  Fitting, I think.  It was a special day and we had a great time.  I'll be going through pictures tonight and posting soon!  Henry isn't officially a year old until Saturday (31st) so we are off to enjoy the last few days of his very first year.  My gosh it has been a good one!
-V

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun party!!! Iv been trying super hard to be organised for Lachys 1st birthday, but im failing a wee bit!lol I hope you enjoy his last 'baby days' with him! (Ps, your trip away looks awesome!! I cant get over all that snow!!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!