Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

When The Change Is A Little Hard.

It's been a busy few days (well, months) so it feels good to sit for a minute and write.
We are still trucking along over here, essentially starting over and just trying to find our groove.  I've found myself feeling confused this past week.  About work and how much time I want/ am able to put toward that, where I'll work in general, school, and how to balance my time while accomplishing the things I want to.  It's harder than I thought it would be.  I have to get the coursework done, I need to reach the zillion hours required to take the IBCLC exams, I need to earn some sort of income, and I need for my main focus to be on Henry.  So figuring all of that out and how it makes sense here and where to do it all has been a little bit of a stressful challenge.  I find myself just wishing I could run back to my old job (I knew it would be the case) and am missing it quite badly.  Spending my time being sad about that though isn't helping anything here, so from here on out I will try my hardest to focus more on all of the things here that help me to feel like we made the best decision we could by moving.  I expected this all to be a hard adjustment, as we had a good life there and a good family of friends.  Expecting it doesn't necessarily help in the moment though, so little reminders of why we are here are helpful.
I know we made a good choice because:
*Henry is so happy already.  He has had zero problems adjusting and I am so thankful for that.  He loves the activities we've been doing, he loves our house and is entirely comfortable here.  He is seeing his grandparents a lot whether we have dinner together, have a date at the children's museum, or just run into each other at the grocery store.  He loves every bit of it.
*We love seeing more family.  It doesn't matter that we are adults, it is still comforting to know that our parents are near by.  We all give each other plenty of space but it's nice to know they're all just across town, and we love seeing them. Also, Henry has more cousins just two hours away and it has been so much fun to see them together!  I love knowing I won't have to miss important events anymore.
*We also get to see old friends
*We are already planning some trips and it's amazing to know we can pack up in the car and go somewhere.  We couldn't do that in Alaska and it was a difficult thing for us.
*Groceries are cheaper, we love that!
*Eric works from an office at home now, and it's really nice seeing him when he pops out through the day for a few minutes.  We also get to all eat breakfast together because he goes to work a bit later due to time difference between here and Alaska. It's nice for now :)

It's strange being back in my hometown but feeling so differently now.  I went away as a fresh out of high school student and came back as a family, so it's like a new place but I keep thinking of those previous years. Does that make sense? I think when we adjust it will be the perfect place for us, we'll carve out our little space here. Here's hoping that time comes soon.

Happy Henry loves it here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!