Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

Happy New Year to all of you!! I hope that looking back on the year you can all say that it has been a good one for you, and look forward to the next with excitement.  2011 was wonderful to us.  I gained a very special niece and became a mother and so I'd say that's a pretty enormous year.  Luck has touched me so many times, through my pregnancy, delivery, and new mamahood.  I love what the year has brought, how it has changed me, how it has completely changed our lives.  I'm ready to dive into the next year with so much excitement.  There are so many more firsts to look forward to this next year with Henry, with our family, big adventures to be had, hopefully another handful of good changes for us. I've never been huge on formal New Years resolutions, but each year I always give a bit of thought to the things I'd like to accomplish, or what I'd like the year to look like.  Then the year takes its own course... But this year I'm hoping to take more trips, organize my blog, video tape more, take more pictures ( is this possible??), take better pictures, keep our house cleaner, do more crafting, exercise and cook more, but mostly... be as present as possible in daily life with Henry because if 2011 has taught me anything (and it absolutely has), it's that time really does move too quickly.  Watching the ball drop on tv moments before 2012 arrived, my sappy-ness got the best of me and I found myself slightly teary thinking about the fact that it's no longer the year we had Henry.  It's the year he turns one, and it just seems like that time couldn't possibly be here already.  I'm so looking forward to what this next year will be like though, so I hope to slow down and just enjoy every single bit of it. It will be an exciting year of firsts for this boy of mine and I'm happy for that.  I hope each of you has something you're looking forward to in 2012, and I so hope that it's a healthy and happy year for you and your families.

We are celebrating with a little trip-- we head out tomorrow morning to a cabin in the middle of no where near Seward, AK. We will drive a couple of hours to the trail head, then hike a few miles up the mountain to the cabin.  It should be beautiful and hopefully relaxing!  We are packing simply, but making food half of our gear.  We figure we don't need much to get by or entertain us, but celebrating with friends and delicious meals is worth the extra pain of dragging it all up there :) Sounds like a wonderful way to welcome another year of adventures together as a family. You'll be hearing all about it when we're back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any and all of you who read our stories. Please feel free to say hello!